Sunday, December 6, 2009

Tympano Night

A few weeks ago (I know, I know...I am behind in my posts) my parents along with some friends hosted a Tympano Party. Tympano is an Italian dish that takes many hours to prepare. It has a pastry crust with layers of Italian meats, pastas, vegetables, etc. inside. My parents moved their dining table into the living room and has somewhere around 15 people over. It was very festive and a great Pre-Thanksgiving. We also had a suckling pig that was so moist and full of flavor. This party was "fashioned" after the movie Big Night, which I sadly have not seen and do not know much about. I'll be honest, the pig was a little weird to see, but quite a sight at the same time. My mom made her amazing cheesecakes: triple chocolate, and lemon curd. After a filling dinner we all felt the need to have a piece of each...once again, it was a great warm-up for Thanksgiving.



I know, it's not a great picture, but it was the best one.





































No comments: