Monday, October 15, 2007

Visit to Cali!!!

Justin and I were able to go home for my mom's birthday and her dancing diva party! Having a flexible schedule, I was able to stay for a nice 8 days, with Justin visiting in the middle of them. We truly enjoyed being back with family in suburban life, eating yummy burritos from El Sombrero, the 82 degree non-humid weather, and much much more! My parents hosted a b-day party for the madre with family and friends on Sunday the 7th! The band was great and the food was oh so nice on the belly! I was able to help my mom out at Bella while she is experiencing staffing changes and we had a great time together! We also spent the afternoon and evening in SF on the day I came into town and had a blast! We visited a store on Union that I enjoy called Ambiance, and a specialty shop on Polk that is adorable and very whimsical! While I was home I also got to visit Sequoia where I taught kindergarten before moving to Boston. It was SOOOO much fun seeing my old colleagues and the children. It was the walk-a-thon so I was able to see everyone! I saw Brooklynn's new classroom and caught up with her in the staff room a bit. It was so nice being home and hearing familiar sounds, seeing familiar sights, and spending time with family and friends (including the cats)!!






No comments: