Tuesday, August 18, 2009

All Ready To Go!

Well, I have finished the second day of 1st grade and my new class. These last few days have been jam packed and full of fun! The children love being able to go down to the "big" playground for 2 recess times (in K there was really just one recess). They all looks so cute in their desks, which I might add, they are keeping very clean :)

I could go on and on about the awesome class I have, so let's just dive right into the pictures I took just before they began arriving on Monday.
Look at this handy little contraption...I can't claim the idea (Thanks Mrs. Ives). The children clip down to let me know if they are home lunch or school lunch and this also tells me who is absent. We use it for other counting activities as well.






This is our mini classroom library. There are cozy places to read and enjoy books.


The calendar area...lots goes on here throughout the day.


View from the front door looking in!




No comments: