Saturday, November 13, 2010

His First Piece of Clothing

At dinner after our ultrasound on Monday my parents gifted us with an "It's a Boy" goodie bag (my mom had one of each in her car-so sweet :) and oh yes, it was quite the goodie bag indeed. Inside was our son's first piece of clothing, but it is truly much more than that. As the story goes....
Years ago my Grandma Beerbohm gave my mom two different crocheted baby sweaters, you know those "old-fashioned" sweaters and booties that come from the sweetest ladies (aka Grandmas), ya, those! My grandma gave my mom a pink one and a blue one for that "special occasion." Well, that special occasion has arrived and on Monday Justin and I were given a piece of my past, a memory, and a special piece of clothing that will forever be dear to my heart. As a child I remember watching my Grandma Beerbohm work as she made beautiful baby booties and sweaters for local hospitals as well as family and friends. Now as an adult I can truly appreciate the gift she had and gave to so many-her love and kindness. Thank you Grandma and thank you Mom for this special gift.



So in true maternal tradition I held this beautiful memory up to my belly (our son :) and had Justin take a picture of his first piece of clothing!

No comments: