Thursday, June 30, 2011

Our Trip to Sandpoint

Hi Folks! Sorry it's been a while but the three of us have been out of town this last week. I will post pictures soon, but I just have to share the adventure we had last night as we were driving home. So Noah did great on the flight out to Sandpoint, and pretty good on the way home, but the drives after the flights...now that's another story. The poor little guy was just done. We were driving home last night and Noah had not slept but 20 minutes in the previous 3+ hours so he was very tired. He became very upset in the car and we had to pull over in what I would imagine is one of the world's most dangerous highways (both due to traffic and people-sorry, but it's true). Justin and I are going back and forth about pulling over and eventually we do. I quickly get to the back seat and pull out the little one who is now making my heart break with his cry. I try my best to sooth him in the car, but had no luck. I was in all kinds of crazy positions folks, oh man, was it a sight to see. I tell Justin I have to get out in order to sooth him, so now I am standing along a very busy highway at dusk bouncing my child-yikes! He calmed down quickly once outside thankfully and I was able to put him back in the car seat. Justin and I continued our travels and talked about how exhausted we were. I was so delirious at that point I was even saying things like, "this root beer is very root beerey" (I mean, really?) If you know my son, you know he doesn't like to stay asleep long so he woke up somewhere around Novato with a very sad, I am not ready to get up cry. We had to pull over again and for the rest of the drive I was in the back seat talking to my little one who could barely keep his eyes open, but was definitely not going back to sleep. Justin and I sang 5 million (no joke) versus of The Wheels on the Bus with some very interesting lines of our own. It was a sight to see folks. We are home now and happy to be back in our routine. We had a great time up North and I will
share photos very soon.

No comments: