Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Tradition

As I sit here and crave sugar cookies I figure it's a good time to blog about the Cookie Party we had this year even though it was a month ago...is it sad that I'm still wanting more cookies?? And Noah is napping extra long, so figure I better blog before SOME people give me a hard time about it...you know who you are!!

Every year my high school girlfriends and I have a cookie party and this year it was at Meredith's house. She and her husband bought a house in Windsor recently so it was really fun to have the party there (after all, the tradition began with she and her mom in high school). We had a small version this year with just mommies and babies :) Justin was a little bummed as he likes to decorate eat cookies, but he settled for me bringing them home.

We ate a nice dinner together...which really means we ate in shifts based on the children's needs and we decorated lots of cookies...which really means we ate A LOT as we decorated and all left with regretful bellies ;) No, not really.

We got lots of adult time in, as we either shipped the kids off to grandparents, or put them to bed-bonus! Noah was a champ and went to bed at Payton's house after only a little whining.  He cracks me up because when he doesn't want to be doing something (in this case going to bed at another house) he says things like, "go back mama" "mama go car"! Anything that will reverse what he is doing-haha!

It was a great time and fun was had by all! Thanks to Melissa for these pictures that prove it :)



All ready to roll!


A great self-timer photo


Actually, I think this holds some pretty funny memories. My child was melting and very much over the whole, "no stay still and smile photo"


Another good one :)


The older babies checking out Wesley (in our house "Beebee Wes")


Loving the cookie, not so much the decorating, but a big yes on the cookie!


 More cookie


Oh Lisa, you made us all laugh and admire you with your attention to detail on each cookie!


I want Melissa's mad cookie making skills. As I sit here with no sugar cookies, I need to perfect my move at either stealing her cookies next year, or adopting her mad skills. She whips those things out every year...EVERY YEAR! I think we need a New Year cookie party, like NOW!

~ Good times and Lasting Memories ~
 

No comments: