Monday, June 29, 2009

Home Sweet Home

We are officially moved in (okay, I'll be honest...there are still a few boxes) and have been sleeping in our new home for a few nights. We painted three rooms: the living room, kitchen/dining, and the master bedroom. Our home was built in 1967 so it still has a few older features, and yet it is in great move-in condition. Our work will be a slow progress and we will be saving for added furniture and small improvement projects (aw shucks...I guess we get to go shopping :) First item on the list...dining room table-I don't think our little 2 person bistro table will work any more, not to mention it looks quite silly in the large dining area. I don't have great pictures yet, as we have been super busy and who likes pictures of empty rooms??
Painting Day...I did a lot of trim prep,
while my Mom, Justin, and Jim (a good friend of the family)
did most of the painting. We also had help from a professional painter...
long story, but he saved the day!


Gotta have fun while you work right? Okay you two...get back to work.

Here is my handy hubby steam cleaning the carpets.
The carpets appeared in really good condition, so we chose
the less expensive option and rented a machine.


My mom is a life saver! She helped for three long days in a row,
all while trying to run her business. She is an excellent kitchen organizer
and I am so thankful for her visionary skills and hard work. She makes moving in less stressful
and a whole lot more fun.

I don't have any pictures of Murray, mainly because any time he was lifting, I was lifting, but I want to give a big Thank You shout out to him for his help on our many loads back and forth.


Living Room (view is from the entry point)





No comments: