Monday, June 15, 2009

Red Lodge Trip

The day after I checked out of my classroom Justin and I went to Red Lodge, MT to visit with his family. His sister and Kasten (our nephew) drove out from Sandpoint, ID to hang out as well. The weather was cloudy and rainy, so we did not get in the hiking that we wanted to, but we had fun laying low and enjoying each other's company. When the weather cleared up we would go on a walk or go up to the barn and check out their horse, Newt and the chickens they are raising (mmm...what fresh eggs they will have soon). I certainly enjoyed the downtime and good laughs as a start to my summer and Justin loved being with his family (his Dad and he could putz around that farm forever I think :)

This is a baby colt just 2.5 days old. Rick and Angie's neighbor let us come down and visit with the baby horse. He was so adorable!




Kasten loves his Winsten (the cat). Every minute he could, he would spend with the cat, but I'm not so sure the cat felt the same way. Let's just say it's a mircale he is alive after 6 days of a 3 year old and the fact that he is 18 years old!






Good time had by all, not to mention the great food!
Ya'll should check out the following cookbook (healthy and amazing recipes):





No comments: