Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Sleep Training

Dun, dun, dun...

It's that time folks. Noah is 6 1/2 months old and still waking up 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6....times a night. Okay, so that's a little dramatic, but we'll just say it's not usually 1. He is doing great with weight and food, so we feel good about dropping the nighttime feeding(s). Last night was our first night of letting him "cry it out" and he was a champ!!! Before hand of course I was a mess with anticipation and worry of how the night might go. I even shed a few tears as I was feeding him his last bottle and telling him about the plan (I know, silly, but what can I say...I'll just blame it on the Mom thing).
You want to know details?
Oh good!

He went to bed around 8:00 and woke up for the first time around 10:45, which was crazy early and so we let him cry. BUT, he only cried for 4 minutes (FOUR). I couldn't believe it. He was asleep before I could even get worked up. Then the little champion woke at 3:00 and barely cried-all of 30 seconds. 7:00 a.m. rolled around and he was up for the day. I am so proud of him and still in shock about it all. Tonight will be night two, and although I am realistic about how it might go (aka not as well as last night), I am also hopeful that Noah was just as ready for "sleep training" as we were. Below is a picture of our little sleeper right after waking up. I just love that smile, which now has 2 bottom teeth-so adorable. He is looking more and more like a little boy (I'm feeling bitter sweet about that one ;)



No comments: