Tuesday, January 17, 2012

MIA

Sorry I have been MIA on the blog. I had been so good, or so I like to think...

After Christmas and in the beginning of this New Year Justin has been home a lot, so in the evenings we enjoy a quiet home, maybe even some wine, etc. I hadn't felt much like blogging until today. I'm sure the fact that J left for a trip had something to do with it :) Don't get me wrong, I love blogging, but now that Noah is on a good sleeping schedule we love our evenings! I can tell you what doesn't love our evenings...my thighs-ha! We'll just say that dessert is often a part of our evenings together.

Anyways, moving on...Noah is up to all sorts of fun things. He cracks himself up (over nothing of course) multiple times a day and pulls up and walks along everything. He is OBSESSED with opening and closing anything that will do so. He has no interest with what's inside the cupboard, etc. He just wants to open and close things. He received a train for Christmas (thanks Nonni and Grandpa) that he likes to demolish in a very boy-like way. He does like rolling it around as well, but it's not nearly as fun as slamming it on the hardwood. Can't blame 'em! This week he started putting both hands over his ears while eating and finding it very funny. I copied him and then it was super duper funny! Now he does it and waits for me to-so fun to play games with him! He loves the little pieces to all of his toys. He focuses in on one detail and uses his pointer finger to explore it (things like bumps, ridges, body parts, etc.) He adores Sophie our cat and laughs any time she walks in the room. He does NOT like getting his diaper changed-ahhh! So frustrating for Mommy and Daddy, but we are finding a few new tricks. We feel like one of those Nascar stations that changes a tire in like 10 seconds-lol (sorry I don't know the technical term as it's not something I watch). Noah loves to watch things spin on the floor and he cherishes his play times with Daddy. I know I've already said it, and I'm sure I will say it again, but Daddy's are SO fun! We are waiting patiently for his first word and it's fun teaching him all kinds of new words (book, ball, bath, up, nose, bye-bye, hello, etc.) He has known some words for a while (kitty, fan, Mommy, Daddy, light, etc.). He is a great eater and the more flavor the better for this kid! He feeds himself 85% of the time and loves water (we haven't done juice). He loves reading books by himself and with us-this makes for a happy mommy. He is STILL obsessed with our fireplace-bummer. We put most of his toys in front of it in an effort to avoid a gate as we don't really need one anywhere else and it's kind of an awkward corner for one.

Wow, my hand is tired-do you feel caught up? I hope so :) Noah turned 9 months on January 6th and had a great well-check appointment from the doctor. He is still a lean little fellow in only the 18 % for weight. He is just one solid little man and I think he will always be that way! Did I just blab some more-oops, sorry. Okay, so NOW you're caught up and we can move on to pictures! They are not great cause most are from my phone, but they will have to do.



This is the game I was referring to.


Just a happy guy eating his dinner.


Most of the time my living room looks like this-chaos. Such is life...



This is what the train looks like while Mommy and Daddy play with it, or clean it up...


and this is what it looks like while Noah is playing with it :)



Ah, all cleaned up-Noah must be sleeping.

No comments: