Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Recipes

If I could, I think I would love to experiment with recipes and blog about it for a living, but I probably don't have the talent, and well, I'm not much of a risk taker...but anyhoo, I have tried a number of new recipes lately that have either been pinned on Pinterest or come from one of the many blogs I read. Most of them I make for Noah (I'm a big fan of making easy things to freeze and have on hand). Here are some of my favorites!


I pinned this recently and made it super healthy with non-fat plain Greek yogurt, and this Brown Rice and Red Quinoa mixture that I bought at Costco (it's a must folks, I've been using it for so many things). It did NOT taste healthy!!! I added a few more spices as well as diced jalapeƱos for some heat. (Justin is rubbing off on me :)


These are super easy and take no skill, but boy are they a sweet indulgent treat! They are a little messy to make, but well worth it. Keep them in the refrigerator and they can be a treat throughout the week. 


I make this in big batches and this is what Noah eats instead of peanut butter. I don't have a problem with peanuts, and he's not allergic or anything...I just like that it has 3 ingredients and is homemade.


I make these and freeze them for Noah. I use whole wheat flour and you'd never know. I also add spinach and more zucchini than the recipe calls for. 

These are a staple in our house for breakfast. I freeze these as well. The amount of cinnamon in them is yummy!! I use even less sugar than listed (there's hardly an in them) and I usually always add blueberries to the batter. 


I also make these and freeze! They can be changed in so many ways. I don't usually turn them in to a breakfast sandwich, but I'm sure that would be good too. I just love how different I can make them and Noah gets eggs in a snap with different veggies many mornings. 


Ok, so I haven't made this since this past winter, but I'm looking forward to making it again :) It's pretty good for a crock pot soup and it is so so easy. 

The kiddo is up from his nap, gotta run! I hope you enjoy some of these as much as I do!
Great, now I'm hungry for something sinfully sweet :)


No comments: