Friday, February 15, 2013

Red

I read this blog from time to time because I love her Toddler Trays! I got the idea for the beans we have (have I told you about the Bean Bucket? I'll check on that...) from her blog too I think. Between reading about how children best learn colors and reading her blog, I decided that each week I am going to make a "Color Box." Sorry, I don't have a fancy name for it yet.  It's not really a Toddler Tray, but I hope to get to those soon.  Today we started with our first one, Red.

You see, I read this article a month or so ago, (I can't remember who forwarded it to me or where I found it...) and it mentioned how children learn color names pretty easily, but truly identifying them and matching them is tricky. When adults say something like, "look at the red truck," all children really hear is truck (the noun), and that if we are working on colors we should really phrase it more like, "I see a truck that is red."

Any who, with this in mind and posts such as this puzzle one, Noah and I have been having some new fun. I really have no excuse because the "Color Box" literally took 2 minutes to put together. I'll keep you posted on how he likes it...



























Look Mamma, a heart!


All done :)

No comments: