Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Welcome Noah

On April 6th at 12:04 a.m. we welcomed Noah Richard Langlois to the world! He weighed 8 lbs. 1 oz and was 20 inches long. For some of you April 6th is a very special day and now it is double special, why you ask? My loving Grandma Emma who I miss very much had a birthday of April 6th. She passed away a few years ago and is missed dearly by the lives she touched. Noah held out for her birthday just in time-thanks buddy for making it so special for us all!

Okay...our son...
He is so sweet and so stinkin' adorable-I know, I know, I am very bias :) I do apologize for the late post, but man oh man has this sweet, calm son of ours given me a run for my money when it comes to breastfeeding. I won't go into too many details here on the blog, but it has been a real struggle and has made for a hard first week at home. My fabulous mother has been staying with us to help with breastfeeding as well as all kinds of other things here around the house. Breastfeeding has been such a struggle that Justin and my mom have doing everything they can to keep my spirits up.

Anyways...let's move on to how awesome the hospital experience was! Truly! It was really neat being at Kaiser as an adult being taken care of and visited by all of the friends of my mom that she used to nurse with. I remember going there after school, hanging out, and eating graham crackers and jello! Knowing people on the inside (through my mom of course :) is always helpful. In this case it made for a truly memorable experience in which I felt very comfortable and I knew our son was being taken care of with love. I have some big thank you's owed to many nurses :) Did I mention the midwife who delivered Noah? Oh my goodness was she the best! She was so calm, so encouraging, and truly worked her magic as our little guy struggled with his heart rate. Justin and my mom were great coaches as I had contractions and labored. They even convinced me to go for a walk and that really sped up the process (I think). They were so strong and so attentive. I love you both and could not have done it without you :)

I went into the hospital at 2:00 p.m. on April 5th and delivered Noah at 12:04 a.m. the next morning. My water broke around 4:00 a.m. and contractions began at about 5:30 a.m. I will save the rest of the gruesome details for a one-on-one conversation ;)

Well, more can come later, let's get to some pictures. Bottom line...Noah is doing great, gaining weight (with major breastfeeding efforts) and charming us all!

Thank you Mrs. Ives. Who else could make such a beautiful sign out of paper and paint :) It was such a fun surprise to walk into our house and find this HUGE poster above our t.v. Love it!

Birth Day Photo

Hanging with Daddy in the hospital. I of course was in the oh so comfortable hospital bed...actually it wasn't that bad. And the room...HUGE! Once again, we were oh so fortunate to know people on the inside.

I know right...lookin' snazzy!

Noah's first picture with Grandma and Grandpa. He loves them so much already :)



"Really Mom...I didn't just escape from prison." Okay so the outfit he went home in looked way cuter "on the rack" than on him. The hat was huge and there were too many stripes, but what'aya going to do eh... He was still very excited to come home and see all of his other adorable clothes.

I am super tired and need to head off to bed, but enjoy the upcoming posts and I look forward to being more in touch on the blog as I navigate motherhood! Thanks as always for checking back and continuing this journey with us!

No comments: