Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Outdoor Fun Means No Inside Blogging

Hey there, sorry for the absence...we've been having way too much fun outside lately.  Justin's work is slow and the weather has been beautiful.  Come on over and check out our backyard for proof...it looks like 5 million children live here with all the outdoor toys we have :) You have seen the water table in a previous post, and now we also have many more pinwheels (did I mention Noah is OBSESSED with them), a small pool, digging/gardening tools, balls, trucks, a swing, etc.  Noah would live outside if we let him. Most days we eat lunch and dinner outside in addition to all the playing. I have completely given up on worrying about splinters from the deck, scrapes from the brick, grass "itchies" (yes, that's the technical term folks), dirt in the mouth, etc. Noah appears to be loving life and all of the above owie's mean nothing to him.  I do still worry about too much sun :( He is always in a hat and is loaded with sunscreen/SPF clothing. I guess I still view his skin as very fragile...as if he was a BABY-he's getting so big and acting less and less like a baby every day. I love it and at the same time, life seems to be flying by.  Ok, so I think I am officially rambling. I'll stop-it must be a side effect of not blogging. 

This is what we have been up to outside:



Noah loves his new pool, especially getting in and out of it! Notice the pinwheel near the edge of it...Mamma moved it closer so he did not have to climb in and out to reach the pinwheel that he is OBSESSED with. 



Oma and Opa are visiting and here Noah is helping put together the chicken coop.




Another day...another pool shot. I already have too many on my phone :)




Is it sad that I really wanted him to spray himself in the face with the hose once he picked it up...heheee! I was super impressed when he did pick it up because that thing is heavy.  The squirt mechanism is pretty tight, so it will probably be a while until he figures out how to squirt water out.





Here is the swing! He will swing in this forever and just chill! It's lovely and quite out of character for our little Noah.




We did some planting this week (stay tuned for photos of that) and Noah loved digging in the dirt with us. 




It was so sweet...Noah saw Justin pushing the wheel barrel back and forth during the chicken coop building (more on that soon) and crawled back and forth after him to get a chance to push. He just watched for a while and then really wanted to try it himself. He gave it a good effort! 

With all this outside business I think I want to invest (Ha!) in swim diapers and sunscreen :)

No comments: