Friday, June 22, 2012

HealdsBurger and a Sleepover

I recently posted about how much I adore watching Nonni and Grandpa love on our little mister, but I didn't mention how much I truly appreciate when they take him overnight every so often. There are so many reasons why I love this tradition. We'll start with the most selfish...Justin and I get time just us-that married couple that exchanged vows 5 years ago, and did only who knows what before we had Noah?!?! Seriously...what did we do with all that time? 

The time that J and I have on these nights is so important to us, our marriage, and Noah. We get to just be a couple, relax or have fun-it doesn't matter. You see, Noah's at their house right now and I'm blogging and J's puttering around...ahhh...bliss. Please don't misunderstand me-we LOVE our son more than I could write in this sentence, but we've learned that our marriage is so very important. I doubt Noah even misses us ;)...he gets to eat yummy food, go to the park, go to the farmers market, get loved on by all their friends, and much much more. Together (without us) they are building memories that Noah will look forward to when he visits their house. 

Tonight we brought Noah up to Healdsburg for this very occasion, but first, we had a yummy dinner at HealdsBurger. I've wanted to try this place ever since I read about it on the Press Democrat's Blog: Bite Club Eats. It impressed us and we will be back. After dinner my parents hopped in one car with Noah and we loaded up the Mom Mobile, minus the kiddo, and headed home. Right away we miss him and talk about that, but then we talk about what we get to do and the whole SLEEP in factor. Oh my is this a huge plus!!! I can't even tell you how nice it is to just lay in bed until whenever we want. Most times we are up by 7:30-sad I know...our bodies are so trained :)

Anyways, I am rambling, and I should probably go enjoy some time away from the computer in a parenting book I am reading. Wild a crazy...that's me! I can't wait to see my little man tomorrow, but for now I am going to soak up the alone time (and probably look at pictures of Noah on my phone :)








Thank you Nonni and Grandpa for taking such good care of our little one while we refuel. 

No comments: