Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Making Traditions

Now that we are farmers and all (ha!)...we have begun a fun tradition of going to Western Farm Center.

Just after Noah gets up we load into the truck, still in our cozy clothes (appropriate for public mind you), and head to Omelette Express in Railroad Square for breakfast. Noah recognizes the restaurant and looks forward to his eggs and milk.  After a leisurely breakfast we head over to "The Farms," as Justin calls it, to pick up our chicken raising equipment. We always go check out the chickens, ducks, bunnies, and birds they have, before heading into the store-Noah wouldn't have it any other way. On this specific trip a few of the staff members overheard Noah saying "gawk gawks" and were so curious what that meant. That is his word for chickens. In the beginning when we were working on animal sounds we said that a chicken says "gawk gawk," so now he calls them "gawk gawks." The gentlemen thought it was pretty funny.  It's a fun store and I find myself wanting to peruse through and pick up other items (as if I need horse saddles and dog bowls). We say goodbye to the animals there and make our way back home. It has become one of my favorite family activities and I just love making traditions. 




He loves the milk cup they give him.


See, it's early morning. I still look asleep, hence the latte in my hand.

No comments: