Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pinterest Recipes

I have tried a few of my Pinterest recipes lately and was 2 for 3-not bad!
I promise, I am not changing to a food review blog, wouldn't that be fun though??!! 
Noah will be back soon :)

Pumpkin Gingersnap Parfaits



Don't these look pretty?! Unfortunately, they seemed a little off. I'm not deleting the recipe yet, but will tweak it next time. I think I will take out most of the ground ginger (that stuff is strong) and make them more pumpkin based with gingersnaps. It could have also been the pumpkin that I used. You can find the recipe here



Salsa


This picture is straight from the source, Pioneer Woman, who I adore! This salsa is awesome and right up our alley :-) I added a little more salt, which I never do to recipes and I think I will also add a little more cilantro next time. It was great as is though! 


Pumpkin Cupcakes with Salted Carmel Buttercream Frosting


Wait...read that frosting title again-oh man!! 
These were a-maz-ing! You can find them here and I wouldn't change a thing. The cupcakes I made look awful, I apologize, but I ran out of time to make the frosting look fancy, which I really wanted to do... :( It was more important for us to eat them for my mom's birthday though, so I slapped on the frosting and we chowed down. Oh man were they good! Justin loved them, and I always get excited when he's impressed with desserts because he is not much of a dessert guy. The birthday girl love them as well!

No comments: