Thursday, July 19, 2012

A blankie with a memory

Noah has a blanket that he sleeps with every night that he loves, loves, loves. He loves to snuggle it and drape it over his face before he goes to sleep. He has another blanket that holds a sweet memory.




A few years ago when I was teaching 1st grade I met a sweet girl who I hold dear to my heart.  My husband and I grew close to her family and it felt so neat to take education beyond the classroom, to remember that relationships are important, and simple gestures can turn into much much more. I have a few favorite memories of this little sweetie that pop into my mind from time to time. You see, shortly after I taught Miss H her family moved out of state. She gave Noah a very special blanket that we used when he was little and that we still use to this day. He likes it because it has airplanes on it (shocking right?). Today I thought it would be fun to send a simple collage her way, and then I thought it would be fun to share it with all of you. I absolutely love my profession for so many reasons, but beyond the obvious, I cherish the relationships I make and the families I have grown close with. 

No comments: