Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The plane ride home...dun dun dun

So after a beautiful plane ride to Montana where I could have taken up knitting Noah was so good...we headed home with well, the opposite story to tell.  I think because the ride over went great I was less prepared for the trip home in one major way-FOOD!! Oh I had it, he just wanted nothing to do with it. Eating was a big part of my plan on the way out and it was supposed to be the same on the way home, but I wasn't thinking straight (La La land from the flight out). We went out for a quick bite to eat before Justin's parents took us to the airport and it all went downhill from there. When we got on the plane we had a tired and full baby in two crammed seats. There were no open seats on this flight and that made a difference.  Over time Noah became beside himself. He didn't want anything to play with...he didn't even want to watch a video on my phone. At that point I knew we were in big trouble. I won't go on and on, but I will say that yes, he cried loud enough for others to hear, yes they were very patient and kind about it all, and yes I did things I won't even admit on the blog to occupy Mister Noah :/

And with about 45 minutes left to go he...


FELL ASLEEP!!!!

At that point we joked about it all, high fived for not losing it, and were relieved in the thought that we would never see the people around us again-phew! Then we had to take a silly picture of how we felt throughout the flight.


Worth it? Absolutely!!

1 comment:

Melissa Morelli said...

That picture is epic...this one goes down in the memory books along with your personal versions of Wheels on the Bus on the way home from the Oakland airport. :)